The ChuckyG 1998 Eighties Trivia Contest
Here it is, the follow up to last years contest. I am giving away, for free,
one copy of Trivial Pursuit, The Eighties Edition. The runner up will receive
a prize of lesser value, but I'm not sure what it will be yet. I tried to
make the contest questions challenging, but not impossible. To enter, send
email to me. Make sure the answers are IN ORDER,
with just the number and then the answer, one to a line. Also, you should
include your name and address as well as an email address in the body of
the message (at the end of the answers would be the best place). I will
accept only one entry per person, from the US and Canada, and all your answers
must be on the same email. Entries are to be received no latter than
midnight, October 31, 1998. Good luck!
- What was the mistake with Stonehenge in the heavy metal spoof starring
"Lenny" from Laverne and Shirley?
- The video for which eighties song features nothing but 5 cheerleaders? (Name
the artist too)
- What is the name of the lead singer for the Smiths?
- What style of dancing was popularized with rap music?
- What does LL Cool J.'s name stand for?
- Before she was a pop star, why was Samantha Fox in the British tabloids?
- What country is Men Without Hats originally from?
- Who was the eighties group that was named after the inventor of the radio?
- Name the female comedy star who once had a show on Fox, that had a pop
hit in the early eighties.
- Which band member was Boy George allegedly seeing in Culture Club during
the eighties? (Just name the instrument he plays)
- Name the artist and the song for this lyric: I just wanna have some kicks, I just wanna get some chicks.
- Name the artist and the song for this lyric: You're about as easy as a nuclear war.
- Name the artist and the song for this lyric: Because your kiss, your kiss I can't resist.
- Name the artist and the song for this lyric: Ain't no plans with a man, this is the eighties and Loc is down with the ladies.
- Name the artist and the song for this lyric: My life was fine, 'till she blew my mind.
- Name the artist and the song for this lyric: The politcs of oooh, feeling good.
- Name the artist and the song for this lyric: I might like you better if we slept together.
- Name the artist and the song for this lyric: The joker ain't the only fool, who'll do anything for you.
- Name the artist and the song for this lyric: Building castles in the sky.
- Name the artist and the song for this lyric: Relax. You're quite safe here.
- Name the cartoon that featured characters who had messages on their
clothes to express their feelings.
- Name the eighties sitcom in which Bob Ueker was upstaged by an obese
- What was the name of Norm's wife on Cheers?
- What was the name of the show that featured Sniglets?
- What late night show replaced Tom Synder's show?
- What Canadian sketch comedy show helped launch John Candy's career?
- What was Gary Gnu's catch phrase?
- What was the name of the company that the characters on Taxi worked for?
- Name the TV show which featured an average housewife teamed up with a
- What show featured Nell Carter as a larger than life housekeeper?
- What movie featured Reece's Pieces as a crucial part of the story,
because the director couldn't obtain the rights to use M&M's?
- What did the person chained to wall in Goonies want?
- What made the crew sick in the movie Airplane? (Be specific!)
- What does Beetlejuice eat when he reaches out of his grave in the scale
model of the town?
- What fell into the pool in Caddyshack which caused a major exodus?
- What caused the gremlins in the movie Gremlin to become evil?
- How did the bum convince the family dog to start eating again in Down and Out in Beverly Hills?
- What caused the computer in Electric Dreams to become alive?
- What was the gift from the gods in the movie The Gods Must Be Crazy?
- What was the challanging method of catching a fly in Karate Kid?
- Name the movie the following lines came from: There can be only one.
- Name the movie the following lines came from: Does Barry Manilow know you raid his wardrobe?
- Name the movie the following lines came from: Nobody puts baby in the corner.
- Name the movie the following lines came from: Two dollars!
- Name the movie the following lines came from: You're eating maggots Michael.
- Name the movie the following lines came from: Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?
- Name the movie the following lines came from: You've got a lot of repressed feelings, don't you (..)? Must be what keeps your hair up. (.. Name with held to protect the innocent)
- Name the movie the following lines came from: I don't like my friends.
I don't like your friends either.
- Name the movie the following lines came from: K-mart. Definately. Definately K-mart.
- Name the movie the following lines came from: I see your schwartz is almost as big as mine.
- Name the toy that consisted of color pencils and plastic which you would
put in the oven to create.
- How many gloves did Michael Jackson wear?
- What type of men's jacket featured it's name on the outer breast pocket,
and epaulets on the shoulders?
- What type of shoes did Run-D.M.C. sing about, which were what most
rappers in the early eighties were into?
- What type of shoes were favored by skateboarders?
(Hint, it's 4 letters long).
- What was the name of the multi-colored cube you had to re-organize?
- What toy was in short supply for the 1983 Chirstmas season?
- What mistake did Coca-Cola make in 1985?
- What was the name of the party dog that that was Budwiser's mascot in the
- What snack food was portrayed in claymation dancing to "Heard it Through
- Who was Margret Thatcher?
- Name the U.S.S.R. leader with a birthmark on his forehead?
- Who ran unsuccesfully against Regan in 1984?
- On what date did "The Wall" fall?
- Biko was involved in what protest movement?
- What was the fight between Argentina and Great Britan over?
- Live Aid was to benefit which starving country?
- What did Regan due to the striking air traffic controllers?
- What was the skirmish between the US and Libya about?
- Mark David Chapman was famous for what in 1980?
- What was Bill Buckner's most embarrasing moment in 1986?
- What was the name of Garfield's vet?
- What was the name (4 letters) of the New York night club that helped
launch the career of several early new wave groups?
- What was the name of the space shuttle that exploded?
- What is the name of the telescope that was placed in orbit in the eighties?
- What computer game featured a disco leftover looking for love?
- What was the inexpensive designer watch of choice amongst teenagers during
- Which rock group of the eighties gave away a silver keychain at every
concert, which was supposed to bring good luck to whoever caught it?
- Who was the lead singer of the Cure?
- How did John Belushi die?
- In case of a tie, answer this question: Pick a number, any number,
between 1 and 80.
The Official amIright
Misheard Lyrics Book