80 Questions About the 80s
I recently found this quiz in my stash of 80s related stuff. There may be
some errors in this one, I found the "Brat Pack" represented as "Brat Back"
for example. Let me know if you see any other errors.
Alright people, now there is no excuse! You THINK you remember
everything about when you grew up - that magnificent decade called the
Eighties. Well, here's a slight quiz to test your knowledge. Don't be
fooled by some of the easy questions, for there are others that you'll
agonize over because you can remember their faces, but their names are
lost somewhere in your subconscious. And, oh, this may be a bit hard
for non-Americans, but try to relate anyway! After you blow your mind,
send it to fellow 80's children and see if they remember the days of
Fruit Roll-Ups and Menudo as well as they say they do. Good luck and
80 QUESTIONS ABOUT THE EIGHTIES
- What was the British equivalent of "We Are The World?"
- Name six members of the Brat Pack
- What Liverpool band popularized the Doors' "People Are Strange?" in the 80's?
- Who had the trademark saying "Nanoo Nanoo?"
- What was the original name of Duran Duran?
- What was the name of ET's favorite candy?
- What did people desperately tried to avoid getting on "Press Your Luck?"
- Name 3 books by Judy Blume or Beverly Cleary
- Who was the leader of the Transformers?
- Where did the Superfriends congregate and watch the latest happenings
on a big screen TV?
- What group did New Order evolve from?
- What were the names of Kevin's best friend and girl friend on "The
- What was the name of the mechanical bear on Battlestar Galactica?
- What commercial was Michael Jackson singing for when his hair caught on
- Who was the 4th child on "Growing Pains?"
- Name 3 Strawberry Shortcake characters (besides Strawberry Shortcake)
- What, according to GI Joe, was "Half the battle"?
- What was the name of the Bjork-fronted 80's band?
- Who lamented about "No chocolate-covered candy hearts to give away and
no wedding Saturday within the month of June"?
- What famous Wham! frontman went on to record a multiplatinum record in 1987?
- What was Dustin Hoffman's character's name in "Rain Man?"
- Name all five New Kids On The Block
- What was the name of the show that featured Larry Appleton and his zany
- Who played Sarah Connor in 1984's "Terminator"?
- Name 8 Muppets from "The Muppet Show"
- Who was the actress that played Ferris Bueller's sister? Hint: Patrick
Swayze showed her "the time of her life" in a movie a couple years later
- Who was the original singer of Los Lobos' 1987 hit "La Bamba"?
- What was the name of the once Morrissey-fronted band in the 80's?
- Who was the actress that made waves in 1984's "Splash"?
- Who was the lead actress in the famous bomb "Grease 2"?
- What craft toy involved cutting plastic figures, coloring them in, and
then baking them in the oven?
- Name 3 glam rock bands of the 80's
- What planet was Spock brought back to life on?
- Name 3 of the actors from "The Goonies"
- What was the famous line uttered by an old woman in Wendy's ads?
- Name the four ghosts from Pac-Man
- What were the names of the Saturday morning cartoon critters who lived
in air-vents and befriended a boy who kept their secret hidden?
- Name Eddie Murphy's skit about vocabulary on Saturday Night Live
- What was the name of Michael Knight's car?....now, what was the name of
- What actor mouthed the line "Whatch you talkin' 'bout Willis?"
- Who played Axel Foley's best friend in Detroit?
- What was the name of the funky van Scooby Doo and friends rode in?
- To what does the obscure song "Turning Japanese" refer?
- Which red-head won Star Search and then went on a shopping mall singing
tour that took America by storm in 1987 and 1988?
- Which band had members Robert palmer, Andy and John Taylor, and Tony
- What were the names of all five Huxtable kids on "The Cosby Show?"
- What were the names of the four Golden Girls?
- What was the claymation Domino's Pizza thing to avoid?
- What oldies song was revived by the movie about a certain principal
named Joe Clark?
- What was the name of Ripley's ship in Aliens? (not Alien or Alien3)
- What TV actress co-starred in 1986's "Howard The Duck"?
- Name 5 movies made by John Hughes in the 1980's
- What was the first video played on MTV?
- What was the name of Garfield's teddy bear?
- What was the name of the bartender on "The Love Boat"?
- Who was the head villian on "The Smurfs" and what was his cat's name?
- What was the name of the guy who couldn't enunciate on "The Fat Albert
- What was the name of the hollow hole-covered plastic ball kids used to
hit instead of a baseball?
- What was the name of the singer who died in Robotech's first generation?
- What was the name of Bo and Luke Duke's automobile?
- Name 2 of the original 5 MTV VeeJays
- What German siren sang "99 Luftballons" (known in the US as "99 Red
- Name the 4th original member of Depeche Mode who left the band, formed
Yaz, and then went on form a more-lasting group.
- What group sang "Come On Eileen"?
- What speed did Marty have to reach in order to activate the flux
capacitor? (once you remember the movie, this should be easy)
- Name the two mega-popular bands which got their start on college-radio
in Athens, Georgia?
- What was the name of the heroic boy in "The Never Ending Story?
- So, who shot JR?
- What kind of sword did Thundar the Barbarian have?
- What was the name of He-Man's magician sidekick?
- What band sang the theme song to "The Breakfast Club?"
- Name the 4 girls from the "Facts of Life" and their chaperone
- What gothic rock group did Tones on Tail become?
- What were the names of the host and his sidekick on "Fantasy Island"?
- Name Buck Rodgers' pal
- What was the movie that starred the little furry creatures from "Return
of the Jedi"?
- What was Tom Cruise's call sign in the movie "Top Gun"?
- Who got his 100-meter dash gold medal stripped away due to his steroid
use in the 1988 Olympics?
- Who sang "Shattered Dreams" in 1987?
- Who played Ming of Mongo in "Flash Gordon"?
- What were Club Nouveu originally known as?
- What Nena's very minor hit follow up?
- The Assembly starred Fergal Sharkey, he was once the lead singer of what band?
- What solo hit did Fergal Sharkey have a couple years later?
- Dallas Questions
- How did Kristyn die?
- Who Shot Bobby?
- What role did Barbara Carrera play in the "dream season"?
- Did Sue Ellen ever kick the alcohol habit?
- How many miscarriages did Pamela Ewing have?
- What famous movie actor (actual name and his role) did Sue Ellen
have an affair with one season?
- How many times did J.R.'s cousin, Jamie Ewing come close to death
- What was Jamie Ewing actress' name and what 70s/80s comedy was she
in (she was the big clutz in that show)?
- How many times did the character, Lucy, leave the show, and how
many times did she marry Mitch?
- What famous rock star is the leader of Simple Minds married to?
- Name the origianl "Facts of Life" girls, And who was their new
chaperone in their final season?
The Official amIright
Misheard Lyrics Book