80s Television Trivia Questions, Answers
- Who was Mallory Keaton's fiance?
- Which one of the A Team was a Pilot?
H.M. "Howling Mad" Murdoch
- What is the name of the cat in the smurfs?
- What's the connection between Benson & Growing Pains?
Missy Gold was the daughter in Benson and her sister was Tracey Gold, Carol in Growing Pains
- Who was the leader of the good Transformers?
- What was the name of the dog in Fraggle Rock?
- What was the name of Punky Brewster's dog?
- What was Angela's son's name in Who's the Boss?
- What was Michael Jackson advertising when he was nearly killed?
- What was ALF's girlfriend from Melmac's name?
- What was the name of Arnold's fish on Different Strokes?
- On Three's Company, what was Jack's retaurant that he opened and was head chef ?
- On Three's Company, what's the first name of Mr. Furley's (landlord) tight wad brother who owned the building?
- On Three's Company, what city did the trio live in?
- On Three's Company, what is the name "Chrissy" is short for?
- On three's company, what was Chrissy's father's ocupation?
- What current cast member of ER was on an 80's show of the same name?
- Who was the bully who terrorized Arnold on Different Strokes?
- What was Roscoe's dogs name on the Dukes of Hazzard?
- What was the name of the school mistress in The facts of Life?
Mrs. Edna Garrett
- What were the names of the four main characters of the Facts of Life?
Jo Polniaczek, Blair Warner, Natalie Green, Dorothy "Tootie" Ramsey
- What was the name of the bartender on The Love Boat?
- The Jeffersons was a spinoff from what show?
All in the Family
- What star of the Breakfast Club was also part of the orginal cast of the facts of life?
- What actor was famous for the line "nanoo nanoo"?
Robin Williams for his character Mork from Ork
- What was the name of Facts of Life's Mrs. Garret's gourmet food shop?
- On facts of life, what was the name Andy thought up to give to the girls when they needed to form a singing group?
- What did Webster call his adoptive parents?
Ma'am and George
- What Facts of Life character was in The Godfather?
Jo Polnyczeck's father. He played Moe Green in The Godfather.
- Who shot J.R. Ewing?
Sue Ellen's sister, Kristin
- On Little House on the Prarie, what was the original name for the school teacher?
- What is the name of the Dukes of Hazzards car?
- On Little House on the Prairie, what was Laura's horse's name?
- On One Day at a Time, what were the two daughter's names?
Barbara and Julie
- Name the two sets of sibling actors that worked together in Little House on the Prarie.
Melissa Gilbert (Laura) and her brother Johnathon Gilbert (Willie Olsen) Matthew Laborteaux (Albert Ingalls) and his brother Patrick Laborteaux (Andrew Garvey)
- Who palyed Mork from Ork's son?
- On the SuperFriends, what were the Wonder Twins names? (Bonus, what was the monkey's name?)
Zan and Jayna bonus: Gleek
- Which famous talk show host made a guest apearence on Laverne & Shirley?
- Name the three children on Kate and Ali.
Jenny, Chip and Emma
- What method of transportation did Webster use to get from the upper level of the house to the lower level?
The dumbwaiter in the kitchen.
- In Knight Rider, what does K.I.T.T.'s name stand for?
Knight Industries Two Thousand
- Mork and Mindy was a spinoff of what TV show?
- What was the name of the robot girl on "Small Wonder"?
- What show is The Dukes of Hazzard a spinoff of?
Boss Hogg was a character who passed through in Flo's Yellow Rose
- On Laverne & Shirley, what was Laverne's favorite drink?
Milk and Pepsi
- What actress played Laura and Almonzo's niece on Little House on the Prairie?
- What is the real name of the 'man of arms' in 'He man and the Masters of the Universe'
- How old was John Schneider when he first played as Bo Duke on the Dukes of Hazzard?
18 years old
- On "Three's Company" what was Larry's (the upstairs neighbor) last name?
- Which professional wrestler popped both of John Stossel's ear drums during a 20/20 interview?
"Dr. D." David Schultz
- What was Reverend Jims real last name on TAXI?
- What was the name of the head master at the Eastland school for girls on the "Facts of Life" during its first premiere season?
Mr. Steven Bradley
- How did Ann Jillian's character die on "Jennifer Slept Here"?
She was hit by an ice-cream truck.
- On the show Kight Rider, what was the name of K.I.T.T.s evil double? (Bonus, what does it stand for?)
K.A.R.R. Knight Automated Roving Robot
- On Punky Brewster, how was she abandoned by her mother?
Her mother went in to the grocery store and never came out.
- What actor was famous for the line "Nanoo, Nanoo?"
- What show was Family Matters a spin-off of?
Harriet Winslow was the elevator security guard on Perfect Strangers.
- What is the connection between Jeffersons and Good Times?
Janet Dubois who plays Walona on Good Times sang the theme song for the Jeffersons.
- On Punky Brewster, her best friend Cherri was discussing marrying a guy named Donald...if she married him, what would her full name have been?
- In "Family Ties" who was Alex P. Keaton's idol?
- What was the name of the bar that the characters from "Three's Company" frequented?
- What island did Balki from Perfect Strangers call home?
- What was the name of the bar on Dukes of Hazzard?
- In Knight Rider, what's the real last name of Michael Knight?
- Elizabeth was the "Starchild" on this sci-fi show.
V- The Visitors
- My dad was a big kid, a big RICH KID. What show was I on?
- What was the name of the helicopter on Riptide?
- What does ALF stand for?
Alien Life Form
- What media icon invaded Network 23?
- On what show would you find Gary Gnu?
The Great Space Coaster
- If you heard the words "Hey You Guys!" what TV program was about to begin?
The Electric Company
- What was Webster's adopted mom and dad's name
Mr. & Mrs Poppadouupalus
- What sitcom was "The Facts of Life" a spinoff of?
Different Strokes, Mrs Garret started out as the Drummond's housekeeper.
- Where was Hawkeye Pierce's hometown in the show M*A*S*H ?
Crab Apple Cove
- What was the name of the short lived spin-off of Three's Company?
- Name the children on "Just the Ten of Us". Bonus: Name the dog.
Cindy, Wendy, Marie, Connie, J.R., Heidi, the twins: Melissa and Harvey. Bonus: Hooter.
- What show was Just the 10 of us spin off of?
- What was the name of the neighbors that lived next door to ALF??
Raquel and Trevor Achmanic
- What was the name of the actress who played "Melonie" on the show "Webster and Melonie"?
Heather O' Rourke
- Who played the Uncle on Family Ties?
- What was ALF's real name?
- What was the name of the bar/restaurant on THREE'S COMPANY?
- What was the connection between Family Matters & Full House?
Steve Urkel was DJ's friend's annoying cousin
- What ws Balki Bartokamus' occupation when he lived in Mypos?
- On Night Court, who was Harry's idol?
- Who was the famous TV painter from the 80's?
- What show was a spin-off of Transformers?
- What TV personality did Doritos commercials?
- What was the connection between The Facts of Life and ER
- Who played Jo's sailor boyfiend on the Facts of Life?
- How many children did JR Ewing knowingly have that lived on "Dallas"?
3-John Ross, James, Cally's baby(unnamed)
- What is the real name of Jem from Jem and the Holograms?
- What 80's Pro-Wrestler was turned into a G.I. Joe character?
- In Battle Star Galactica, What was the name of the human leader of the Cylons?
- Who all lived in the house of "Full House" when the show ended?
Danny,Joey,Uncle Jesse,Rebecca,D.J.,Stephanie,Michelle,Nicki,Alex,Comet the dog.
- What were the two dogs names on Magnum PI?
Apollo and Zeus
- What was the full name of Mangum P.I.?
- On M*A*S*H, what was the name of BJ's wife?
- What did the "P" in Roscoe P. Coltrane (from Dukes of Hazzard) stand for?
- What was the name of Vanessa's last boyfriend on The Cosby Show?
- What was the name of the detective agency in Moonlighting?
Blue Moon Detective Agency
- What was the name of the t.v. show with the theme song that began: "Believe it or not, I'm walking on air..."?
Greatest American Hero
- What was the name of the woman who helped run the school for the blind on "Little House on the Prarie?" (Besides Mary Ingalls)
- What was the name of Murphy Brown's news program?
- What was the date in 1955 did Marty from Back to the Future arrive on.
November 5th, 1955
- On Full House, what was Jesse's REAL first name?
- What is the connection between Growing Pains and Full House?
Growning Pains starred Kirk Cameron, Full House starred his sister Candace.
- What current popular sitcom star played Michael P. Keaton's girlfriend Lauren Miller on Family Ties?
- What was the real name of the hospital on St. Elsewhere?
- In the show "The Equalizer", what did the hero (McCall) call his former superior from the "agency"?
- On "Out of This World" what planet was Troy from?
- What was the Saved by the bell series with Hayley Mills originally called?
Good Morning, Mis Bliss
- What was the name of He-man's legless, wizard friend?
- What was the primary occupation of characters in "Falcon Crest"?
They were vineyard owners.
- What was punky brewster's best friends name?
- What Georgia town did the first Dukes of Hazzard episodes take place?
- What was Al Bundy's nickname during the dream sequence with all of the women in his bedroom?
- What is the connection between Gimme a Break and Family Matters?
Telma Hopkins played Addie Wilson (Nell's best friend) on Gimme a Break and she played Aunt Rachel on Family Matters
- What was the name of the Other short-lived spinoff of "Three's Company"
"Three's a Crowd"
- What 80's spin off of a 70's tv show did Martin Lawrence play on?
What's Happening Now
- What does M.A.S.K. stand for?
Mobile Armoured Strike Kommand
- What was crocketts first name on Miami Vice? His nick name was Sonny.
James. told in the piolt esp.
- Name the three main bands featured on the cartoon series 'Jem' during it's entire 3 year run.
Jem and The Holograms, The Misfits, The Stingers
- What was the name of the home that Sofia Patrillo lived in before moving in with her daughter on the Golden Girls.
- What Famous congressman was on an episode of the Golden Girls?
- What Show did the Simpsons first appear?
The Tracy Ullman Show
- how did Rose Nilin's husband Charlie die on The Golden Girls?
He died of a heart Attack while making love to Rose.
- Who was Michelle's first boyfriend on Full House?
Rebecca's nephew Howie
- Can you name the 5 original MTV VJ's?
Martha Quinn, J.J. Jackson, Mark Goodman, Alan Hunter and Nina Blackwood
- The Jefferson's was a spinoff of what show?
All in the Family
- In the cartoon show My Pet Monster, what were the only things that could send Beastor, Monster's enemy, back to the monster world? Bonus: When these items were put on Monster, what did they do to him?
A pair of orange handcuffs. Bonus: The handcuffs turned Monster into a doll.
- Ben Affleck played CT on what 80's science education television show?
Voyage of the Mimi
- On Diff'rent Strokes, what pet did Arnold keep in his room? What was it's name?
- What was the name of the older brother on Happy Days?
- If you saw a segment of "Mathnet," what show were you watching?
- What was the name of the principal on Saved By the Bell?
Mr. Richard Belding
- on Different Strokes, who got kidnapped?
Sam, Mr. Drummonds step-son.
- What was the name of the castle that gave He-Man his powers?
- Name the twins on the Thundercats.
Wily Kit and Wily Kat
- What planet did the Thundercats live on?
- On "Who's the Boss?", what was Samantha's liscense plate on her first car?
- What short-lived sitcom featured Snow White and Prince Charming living as husband & wife?
- On M*A*S*H, what was Walter 'Radar' O'Reilley's home town?
- What did Archie Bunker on 'All In The Family' call his son-in-law Mike?
- On the show Tour of Duty, for each of the three seasons the show ran for what were the three locations the team was based?
Season One: Firebase Ladybird, Season Two: Camp Tan Sun Nhut, Season Three: Camp Barnett
- On night Court what was Bull's IQ? (hint: it's the same upside down as it is right side up.)
Bull,who seemingly had the intelligence of a paper weight, had an IQ of 181!
- What was Rosanna Arquette's character's name in "Desperately Seeking Susan"?
- In "Desperately Seeking Susan" two different women circle Jim's personal ad in the newspaper. With what(name both)?
Susan uses black eye-liner, Roberta red nail polish.
- In Desperately Seeking Susan: what's the name of the shop from where Susan gets the sequinned boots and later Roberta buys Susan's jacket?
Love Saves Day (reads on the pink paper bag)
- Name the connection bewteen the "A-Team" and "Battle Star Gallactica?"
Dirk Bennidict (you see a Robot from "Battle" in the opening of the "A-Team")
- What was the name of the robot on Buck Rogers?
- What planet did Alf come from?
- What was the name of the helicopter service that was the cover for Airwolf?
- What are the names of the Simon brothers from Simon & Simon?
Rick & AJ
- What did AJ stand for in Simon & Simon's AJ Simon?
- In Simon & Simon, what unusual thing did Rick live in? (Bonus: Where was it located?)
He lived in a boat in AJ's backyard.
- In Simon & Simon, what kind of vehicles did Rick and AJ Simon drive? (Bonus: what was the NAME of Rick's vehicle?)
AJ drove an IROC. Rick drove a Dodge pickup. It was called Power Wagon.
- Where did Simon & Simon take place?
- What was the name of Magnum PI's suave superspy alterego?
- Where did Thomas Magnum grow up as a kid?
- In Magnum PI, what was the name of the charter service that TC ran?
- In Magnum PI, Rick was not Rick's real name. What was his real name? Bonus: Why did he call himself Rick?
Orville Wright. He was naming himself after Casablanca's Rick.
- In Magnum PI, what was the name of the club?
The King Kamehameha
- In Magnum PI, what kind of car did Higgins drive?
- In Magnum PI, where did Higgin's "illegitimite half brothers" come from? What did they do?
1) A priest from Ireland 2) A revolutionary leader from a fictional South American country (maybe Costa Verde)
- Thomas Magnum's dad was played by what actor? Bonus: What other show was that actor also a regular on?
Robert Pine; CHIPS
- Why was Wesley from Mr Belvedere afraid to go to junior high?
He didn't want to take a shower w/ the other boys in gym class.
- What is the connection between Good Times and Different Strokes?
Janet Jackson played Penny on Good Times and Willis's girlfried on Different Strokes.
- What were the 3 Chipettes names on Alvin and the Chipmunks?
Brittney, Jeanette, and Eleanor
- On Knight Rider, who was Garthe Knight?
Wilton Knight's son and Michael Knight's "evil twin" double/nemesis.
- What is the name of the cartoon that had ponies of all colors of the rainbow, and had a design on their butt, there were pegasus, unicorns, and earth ponies and they talked? Bonus: What was the name of the girl that took care of the ponies???
My Little Ponies bonus: Megan
- Name the spinoff show from Who's the Boss? Bonus: name the connection between it and Tom Hanks.
Living Dolls Bonus: David Moscow who played the son on Living Dolls also portrayed the young version of Tom Hanks' character Josh Baskin in Big.
- Who replaced Bo and Luke Duke?
Coy and Vance. (They were their cousins.)
- On Magnum, P.I., what type of vehicle was Robin 3? Robin 2?
Robin 3 was a GMC Jimmy 4X4. Robin 2 was an Audi.
- Who are the three annoying neighbors in "Small Wonder"?
Brandon, Bonnie, and Harriet Brendel
- What city provided the setting for One day at a time?
- On the show Cheers,What was the name of the restaurant above the bar.
- What is Iola cat that died on the episode of Mamma's Family.
- Who steals a new razor on Little house on the praire?
James, he was the adopted son of the Ingalls. The reason he stole a razor is because he broke alberts razor when he borrowed it, a cow stepped on it in the barn
- What was the name of the home of the Care Bear Cousins?
Forest of Feelings
- What is MacGyver's first name?
- On "It's Your Move," what is the name of the rock band that Mark and his friend Eliot pretended to be?
The Dregs Of Humanity
- In the cartoon Jem and the Holograms, what was the name of Jems computer.
- On Night Court, Harry had a "statue" of what animal in his office?
- What was the first name of Sledge's partner on the show Sledge Hammer! ?
- What is the connection between "Silver Spoons" and "Family Ties" ?
Ricky Shroeders best friend Derek (Jason Bateman) is the real-life brother of Mallory Keaton (Justine Bateman)
- In the show Cheers, what was the name of the bar that always played practical jokes on the gang at Cheers?
Gary's Old Time Tavern
- What were the names of Amanda's boys on Scarecrow and Mrs. King?
Phillip and Jamie
- What was the club house of the Get Along Gang?
A red Caboose
- What was the name of the comic strip that "Henry Rush" (Too Close for Comfort)wrote?
- Who was the leader of the bad guys on Hulk Hogan's Rock N Wrestling that annoyed Hulk Hogan and his freinds?
Rowdy Roddy Piper
- On "You Can't Do That on Television", what were the two things that dropped out of the sky onto the actors' heads and what had to be said to acti
Green Slime and Water by saying "I don't know" and "Water" respectively.
- What did He-man say when he lifted his sword and gained his strength?
"By the power of Grayskull...I have the power!"
- What 80's group sang the theme song to "Square Pegs".
- What 80's cartoon theme song did Ricky Martin sing?
"Rubic-the Amazing Cube" when he was with "Menudo"
- What 80's cartoon was a showcase for 'New Wave' Music videos?
- What cartoon featured a boy with a community of tiny people living in his wall?
I am no longer accepting submissions for trivia questions. I received too many
incorrect answers, and poorly asked questions for this page (I must get corrections
for half the items entered here). So this is the final list of questions, if you have corrections, please
send me email.