80s Movie Trivia Questions, The Answers
- What special talent did Molly Ringwald have in The Breakfast Club?
She could apply lipstick with her breasts.
- What was the very first James Bond movie that was shown in the 80's? What was the last?
For Your Eyes Only (1981) and Licence To Kill (1989)
- Name the actress who played the pretty blond girl Elliot danced with in E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial?
- How many Nightmare On Elm Street movies were made in the 80's?
There were 5 Elm Street movies made in the 80's: A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) A Nightmare On Elm Street Part 2: Freddy's Revenge (1985) A Nightmare On Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (1987) A Nightmare On Elm Street 4: The Dream Master (1988) A Nightmare On Elm Street 5: The Dream Child (1989) The last two were done in the 90's: Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare (1991) Wes Craven's New Nightmare (1994)
- In Empire Strikes Back, what was chewing on the power cables of the Millenium Falcon while Han Solo and company were hiding inside the asteroid cave?
- What was the license number on the Ghostbusters' car?
- In 'Back To The Future', where did Doc Brown get the plutonium to power the time-travelling DeLorean?
From a group of Lybian terrorists (they wanted him to make a nuclear bomb).
- In 'Empire Strikes Back' when the ghost of Obi Wan Kenobi said that Luke was their last hope against the Empire, who was Yoda refering to when he said: "No, there is another"?
- What god were the Thugees worshipping in "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom"?
- In the movie Porkey's, why did they call Meat Tuperello 'Meat'?
Because of the size of his...uh...his 'member'.
- In the movie 'Aliens', what was Newt's real name?
Rebecca Jorden (played by young actress Carrie Henn)
- What does Ally Sheedy use to decorate her picture in the Breakfast Club?
- In 'Dirty Dancing' what was Baby's real name?
- What were Mouth and Chunk's real names in "The Goonies"?
Clark and Lawrence.
- What not very good aliases did Bill and Ted give their 7 historical figures when introducing them all to Missy?
Socrates: Socrates Johnson, Billy the Kid: Herman the Kid, Joan of
Arc: Maxine of Arc, Sigmund Freud: Dennis Freud (pronounced Frood, of
course), Genghis Khan: Bob Ghengiskhan, Beethoven: Dave Beethoven (with the
'th' sound), Abraham Lincoln: uh....Abraham Lincoln
- In the Breakfast Club, What did Brian try to kill himself with?
A flare gun
- What future famous actors played Spicolli's sidekicks in Fast Times at Ridgemont High?
Eric Stolz and Anthony Edwards
- What is the name of the Freelings' dog in "Poltergeist"?
- What is the name of Sarah's brother that she is trying to save in "The Labyrinth"?
- How does Alice kill Freddy Krueger in "Nightmare on Elm Street 4"?
By showing him his reflection in a mirror
- In "Innerspace", what did the license plate on Igoe's BMW say?
- In "The Blues Brothers", what does SCMODS stand for?
State County Municipal Offender Data Systems
- How does Alice kill Freddy in Nightmare on Elm St. part 4?
She pointed a mirror in his face, because "Evil sees itself".
- In 1989's "The Little Mermaid", what was Scuttle's name for a fork?
Scuttle's name for a fork was "Dinglehopper."
- In the 1984 movie "Splash", the pretty blonde mermaid chooses which street name to be her own?
The mermaid in "Splash" sees a sign marking Madison Avenue, and she immediately decides that her name will be Madison.
- Who provided the voice for the independent Eilonwy in Disney's often criticized 1985 movie "The Black Cauldron"?
Susan Sheridan was the voice-over actress who provided Eilonwy's voice for "The Black Cauldron". She was 34 when the movie's soundtrack was recorded!!
- What two '80's dance movies did Cynthia Rhodes have a major role in?
Dirty Dancing and Flashdance
- What is the name of Marty's band that trys out for the dance in Back To The Future.
- Where did Ronald and Cindy go on there last date together in the movie "Can't Buy Me Love"?
- What is the name of the airline that operates the ill-fated flight from LA to Chicago in the movie Airplane!?
- In the movie "Better Off Dead", what was the name of Lane's younger brother?
- In The Empire Stikes Back When The Ghost of Obi-Wan Kenobi Said That Luke Was Their Last Hope Against The Empire, Who was Yoda Refering To When He Said:No, There is Another
- What singer who had his one and only hit song in 1991 play a high school jock named Ricky in the 1987 movie "Can't Buy Me Love"?
Gerardo Mejia; "Rico Suave"
- How many gigawatts of electricity did Doc Brown need to generate to power the delorion in back to the future?
- What were the Ghostbusters' names?
Peter Venkman (Bill Murray), Egon Spengler (Harold Ramis), Ray Stantz (Dan Ackroyd), and Winston Zedmore (Ernie Hudson)
- What was the make and model of the villian in "The Terminator" 1984?
T-800 Cyberdyne Systems Model 101
- In the movie The Goonies what did the Fertelli's do to escape jail?
One of the brothers pretended to hang himself then knocked out the prison guard.
- Who was the "keymaster" in Ghostbusters?
Lewis Tully (Rick Moranis)
- Who was the "gatekeeper" in Ghostbusters?
Dana Barrett (Sigorney Weaver)
- What don't Gary and Wyatt do when they take a shower with Lisa in "Weird Science?"
Take off their pants.
- Who was told they "better think" in the Blues Brothers?
Matt "Guitar" Murphy
- What was the title of Kevin's byline story in St. Elmos Fire?
The Meaning Of Life
- In the movie "The Goonies" what brand of candybar did Chunk try to give to Sloth?
- The main street in Back to the Future is also the main street in what other 80's movie?
- In Grease Two what does stephanie want in a boyfriend?
A cool rider
- What brand and color of underwear is Marty wearing in Back to the Future?
Purplr Calvin Klein briefs
- In "The Karate Kid" what color did Daniel have to paint Miagi's house, as part of his training.
- In National Lampoon's Vacation, what did the Griswalds call their ugly green station wagon?
The Family Truckster
- In which California city does Poltergeist take place?
- What did Fletch's initials (I. M.) stand for?
- 1) In "Say Anything," what did John Cusack say he did not want to do for a living? 2) And what did he think he might do for a career?
1) "I don't want to buy anything, sell anything or process anything for a living." 2) Kickboxing
- In "Ferris Beuller's Day Off," who plays the burnout at the police station that Jeanie kisses?
- In "Running Scared," how much money does Billy Crystal's character inherit from his dead aunt Rose?
- In "The Golden Child," what object does the Child animate to amuse his captor?
A Coke can
- What does Ally Sheedy say she likes to drink in the Breakfast Club?
- In "Spaceballs" what does the bumper sticker say on the back of Lonestar's ship?
I love Uranus.
- What is the robots name in the movies "Short Circuit 1 and 2?"
- What is Indiana Jones main weapon?
- How high could the Klopek's furnace go in The 'burbs?
- What is the occupation of Tom Hanks' character in Bachelor Party?
School Bus Driver
- In Beverly Hills Cop, how does Axel Foley escape the police car that is sent to follow him?
He puts a banana in its tailpipe.
- What kind of car does Nick Nolte's character in 48 hours?
A sky blue Cadillac convertible.
- In the movie "One Crazy Summer" what was the movie that was being made on the island called?
- What happens to Wanda in "A Fish Called Wanda"?
Wanda is eaten by Kevin Kline's character
- In Ferris Bueller's Day Off, what is the Principal's name? His assistant?
Mr. Ed Rooney, Grace
- In the Breakfast Club, Bender tells a joke without a punchline. What was the naked blonde carrying under her arms?
A two foot salami and a poodle
- What does the lady in the cafe order after Sally finishes proving to Harry that he can't tell the difference between a real and a faked orgasm in "When Harry Met Sally"?
She says, "I'll have what she's having."
- In Ferris Buellers Day Off, who is Cameron going to marry?
The first girl he lays
- In "St. Elmo's Fire," What city does Billy go to at the end???
- What is the name of the evil spirit in Polterguise?
- What famous director makes a cameo appearance in the Blues Brothers?
Steven Spielberg. Look for him at the end of the film in the office of the county assessor.
- How did Indiana previously know Marion in Raiders of the Lost Ark?
Indiana had studied under her Father, Abner.
- Who played the best friend of Sarah Jessica Parker in "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"?
- What fraternity do the Lewis and Gilbert join in Revenge of the Nerds?
Lambda Lambda Lambda
- By what Alias does Ferris Bueller get into Chez Luis?
- In the movie "Sixteen Candles," what was Sam's grandparents exchange students name?
Long Duck Dong
- In the 1983 movie "National Lampoon's Vacation," where were the Griswolds headed on their cross country trip?
- In the movie "Stand By Me", what did Gordy, Chris, Vern and Teddy set out to find?
The body of a boy who had been hit by a train.
- In the movie "Tootsie" what was the name of the woman who was played by cross-dressing Dustin Hoffmann?
- What is the line in Labrynith that Sarah can never remember?
You have no power over me!
- In the movie "Rainman", what was the only airline that Raymond said had never crashed?
- What is the real name of the actor who plays the voice of the spaceship in Flight Of The Navigator?
Paul Reubens aka Pee Wee Herman
- What was the name of Judge Smales grandson in the movie 'Caddyshack'?
- In "Beverly Hills Cop", when Axel Foley enters the hotel, he uses an alias. Who does he say he works for, and who does he say he's going to interview?
Works for: Rolling Stone Going to interview: Michael Jackson
- What Cheers actor was in "The Empire Strikes Back?"
I am no longer accepting submissions for trivia questions. I received too many
incorrect answers, and poorly asked questions for this page (I must get corrections
for half the items entered here). So this is the final list of questions, if you have corrections, please
send me email.