Top Ten Lists of Eighties Albums
What are your top ten favorite albums from the 80s?
This page currently edited by: stingr22. Past editor: Junior
The only good thing about 80's music besides Van Halen with Roth is it's underground
By: Gustavo Echeverry
U2 Best band of the 80's.
By: Griselda Vara
- 10. Blizzard Of Ozz by Ozzy Osbourne
- 9. Appetite For Destruction by Guns 'N' Roses
- 8. Skid Row by Skid Row
- 7. New Jersey by Bon Jovi
- 6. Born In The USA by Bruce Springsteen And The E Street Band
A Legendary Album, Enough Said.
- 5. 1984 by Van Halen
- 4. Slippery When Wet by Bon Jovi
it was the cd that broke bon jovi into the hard rock world and the cd that made them what they are today, one of the greates band in the world.
- 3. Back In Black by AC/DC
- 2. Hysteria by Def Leppard
- 1. Pyromania (1983) by Def Leppard
- 10. Bad by Michael Jackson
Is that Janet or Michael? I can't tell, but Smooth Criminal is an amazing video.
- 9. Like A Prayer by Madonna
A triumph for Madonna. This is when she becomes very interesting.
- 8. Joshua Tree by U2
- 7. Control by Janet Jackson
Michael's lil sister can dance too!!
- 6. Rio by Duran Duran
- 5. Appetite For Destruction by Guns 'N' Roses
If you listen to this record as a teen, you were considered a rebel.
- 4. Faith by George Michael
- 3. Purple Rain by Prince And The Revolution
Thank God for this record. A masterpiece. "Darling Niki" still makes me blush.
- 2. Thriller by Michael Jackson
This record changed pop music forever.
- 1. Like A Virgin by Madonna
Like A Virgin, Material Girl, Dress You Up, Angel. Need I say more?
The 80's were dominated by Jackson, Madonna, and Duran Duran. Van Halen, Def Leppard, Bruce Springsteen, & Guns N Roses will always be a part of 80's rock history.
By: Gerard Ward
- 10. Tunnel Of Love by Bruce Springsteen
The follow up to "Born in the USA" couldn't have been more different, but it probably needed to be. It was impossible to beat his 1984 multi-million seller, so Springsteen ripped up the rule book and wrote an album of heartfelt songs of love lost and found again, and the pain of break-up. Touching and brilliant.
- 9. Brothers In Arms by Dire Straits
They may never win the award for coolest band in the world, but this album is brilliant. The title track, "Why Worry?", "Your Latest Trick".....all superb songs.
- 8. Club Classics Vol.1 by Soul II Soul
Wow! This album came outta nowhere in the late 80s and really shook things up. The freshest sound of the decade.
- 7. Hard Station by Paul Brady
I only discovered this last year, 20 years after it was released, but it was worth the wait. Only one bad song. All the others make this album an essential. Unfortunately he's not very famous outside Ireland, but he should be.
- 6. Disintegration by The Cure
So many beautiful songs on one record.
- 5. Hounds Of Love by Kate Bush
Timeless album. I'm listening to it right now and it has only improved with age.
- 4. The Joshua Tree by U2
Classic. "With or Without You" is my fave!
- 3. 16 Lover's Lane by The Go-Betweens
Possibly the best album to come out of Australia....ever!
- 2. The Queen Is Dead by The Smiths
This record captures so many things.....sorrow, happiness, poetry, and big girls....!
- 1. The Stone Roses by The Stone Roses
I only heard this album about six years after it was first released but it still sounds fresh. A masterpiece.
The 80s were great. Loved every second of it.....
- 10. License To Ill by Beastie Boys
introducing the white boys of rap
- 9. Takes A Nation Of Millions by Public Enemy
BAM!! see? cuz you never know.
- 8. Songs To Learn And Sing by Echo And The Bunnymen
cant put all the albums.. this will do
- 7. Green by REM
ive never been a big fan of rem but this album holds some special moments of high school within it.
- 6. Bug by Dinosaur Jr.
one of the greatest guitarists of the late 80's
- 5. Complete Discography by Minor Threat
- 4. The Queen Is Dead by The Smiths
my favorite of the smiths albums
- 3. Pornography by The Cure
my favorite of the cure albums
- 2. Nothing's Shocking by Janes Addiction
oooo... what an incredible band. much better than any rock youve heard on the radio. but forget about the studio albums. do your best to find those bootlegs.
- 1. Music For The Masses by Depeche Mode
my favorite of the DM albums
now, i cant put marilyn manson since the albums started coming out in the 90s but manson and the spooky kids were a local band in ft lauderdale/coral springs for years. i've seen them 20-30 times and they were definitely one of my favorite bands of the 80s. powerful raw and much more uninhibited than what you see today. no i didnt carry a lunchbox ;)
By: T. Axl Locke
- 10. Building the Perfgect Beast by Don Henley
Henley is the best song writer. every song rules
- 9. Skid Row by Skid Row
- 8. Dr. Feelgood by Motley Crue
one of the best drumming album in the 80's.
- 7. Permanet Vaction by Areosmith
One of the best ablums of all time
- 6. Lies by Guns N Roses
Another great album by gnr and not even full length
- 5. Open Up And Say Ahh by Poison
good song writting. fun times
- 4. Slippery When Wet by Bon Jovi
- 3. Hysteria by Def Leppard
one of the greatest rock albums written
- 2. Joshua Tree by U2
- 1. Appetite For Destruction by Guns N Roses
Greatest band ever, lead singer rocks, awesome lyrics and riffs; perfect album.
Previous List or Next List
Do You Have a List to Share?
Please check out the Top Ten Music Albums submission page.