Top Ten Lists of Eighties Albums
What are your top ten favorite albums from the 80s?
This page currently edited by: stingr22. Past editor: Junior
By: Jerome Boehler
- 10. Freaky Styley by Red Hot Chili Peppers
it was tight
- 9. The Black Album by Metallica
- 8. Lies by Guns N' Roses
it is GN'R, and they always rock!
- 7. Powerage by AC/DC
it's AC/DC do i need any other reason
- 6. Back In Black by AC/DC
one hell of a record period !!!
- 5. Guitar Town by Steve Earle
he had some good songs
- 4. Pyromania by Def Leppard
- 3. Flesh And Blood by Poison
Poison r so friggin talented
- 2. Hysteria by Def Leppard
it was another one you play through and it rocked, too
- 1. Appetite For Destruction by Guns N' Roses
It wasnt one of those records, that you rewind to find like NightTrain, and play it again. It was one of those records that you play through to the last track. It was GN'R, so it had to be great!!!
- 10. Like A Prayer by Madonna
First time she sounded talented.
- 9. Peepshow by Siouxsie And The Banshees
Come on....Peek-A-Boo still is a great song to play at a party.
- 8. Head On The Door by The Cure
their best album(period)
- 7. Let'sDance by David Bowie
Great voice great style one of the best from the 80's
- 6. The Best Of by Missing Persons
Every song is great.
- 5. 1999 by Prince
What a cool album.
- 4. Touch by Eurythmics
Annie lenox and Dave Stewart at their best.
- 3. Singles 45 And Under by Squeeze
Squeeze just kicked it in the 80's
- 2. Tinderbox by Siouxsie And The Banshees
Well no one can even come close to Siouxsies haunting voice and incredible lyrics. A classic of any decade.
- 1. She's So Unusual by Cyndi Lauper
This album by far rips you back to the fun side of the eighties. And the video for She-Bop is one of the best from that era.
Honorable mentions: Duran Duran and the B-52's
- 10. Park Hotel by Alice
- 9. Play It Straight by Laid Back
- 8. Overpower by Den Harrow
- 7. The Visitors by Abba
- 6. Catch As Catch Can by Kim Wilde
- 5. Mad Bad And Dangerous To Know by Dead Or Alive
- 4. Gold by Fancy
- 3. Digital by Azul Y Negro
- 2. Secret Passion by Amanda Lear
- 1. Whomafoursays by Dalbello
- 10. Purple Rain (Soundtrack) by Prince And The Revolution
Grim, gritty, and everything we came to expect from the Great Purple One.
- 9. So Red The Rose by Arcadia
For a band that was essentially a one-album wonder, this was a memorable collection of songs. Otherwordly and absorbing.
- 8. Thriller by Michael Jackson
Never appreciated this album fully in its heyday. But now I can see it for the great compilation of music that it is.
- 7. Synchronicity by The Police
Almost every song on this album was a hit. What else needs to be said?
- 6. Seven And The Ragged Tiger by Duran Duran
More of DDs masterful blend of poetic lyrics, exotic-sounding rhythms, and pure 80's British pop.
- 5. Into The Gap by Thompson Twins
An album filled with light, fresh, enjoyable tunes from beginning to end.
- 4. Like A Virgin by Madonna
Madonna at her 80's "Boy Toy" best!
- 3. The Joshua Tree by U2
One of U2's best albums ever.
- 2. Slippery When Wet by Bon Jovi
An album that really makes me realize how innocent the 80's were. We actually thought this was hard rock?? LOL
- 1. Rio by Duran Duran
An album that could be played in its entirely over and over again without needing to skip any songs. Every tune on this one is great!
The 80's had SO many great albums that it's hard to pick just 10. But all of them represent a miniature time capsule of the great diversity of music during this decade.
By: Eric Bowman
- 10. 1984 by Van Halen
Remember these videos? Hot For Teacher is the single greatest video of all time....Panama is a close second.....jump a close third....
- 9. Blizzard Of Oz by Ozzy
I was a fan before the TV show. Have to remind some people that Ozzy has been around for 30 years. Crazy Train and Suicide Solution are classics.
- 8. GNR Lies by Guns N' Roses
This album would be included for Patience only, but it has other great songs too.
- 7. Pyromania by Def Leppard
Great hard rock CAN have good four part harmonies.
- 6. Slippery When Wet by Bon Jovi
Okay, so glammy stuff and pretty boy rock wasnt all bad.
- 5. The Great Radio Controversy by Tesla
Finally, some great bluesy hard rock to go with your glam.
- 4. Too Fast For Love by Motley Crue
The Crue when they were young, hungry, wild and crazy.
- 3. Back In Black by AC/DC
The greatest party album of all time. The greatest air-guitar album of all time. The greatest.....I think you get the picture.
- 2. Appetite For Destruction by Guns N' Roses
The album that killed pretty boy glam metal. Listen to My Michelle and then Poisons Fallen Angel...same subject, VERY different approach.
- 1. Fair Warning by Van Halen
Van Halen goes "dark" with detuned guitars and gritty lyrics. Somewhere Billy Corgan is listening and taking notes....
obviously I wasnt much on new wave or pop....i like my rock raw and loud....
By: Daniel Lee
- 10. Pyromania by Def Leppard
- 9. Crimson Glory by Crimson Glory
- 8. Don't Break The Oath by Mercyfull Fate
- 7. Piece Of Mind by Iron Maiden
- 6. Hall Of The Mountain King by Savatage
- 5. Fair Warning by Van Halen
- 4. Metal Church by Metal Church
- 3. When Dream And Day Unite by Dream Theater
- 2. Hysteria by Def Leppard
- 1. Rage For Order by Queensryche
Previous List or Next List
Do You Have a List to Share?
Please check out the Top Ten Music Albums submission page.