Top Ten Lists of Eighties Albums
What are your top ten favorite albums from the 80s?
This page currently edited by: stingr22. Past editor: Junior
By: eric jents
- 10. Freedom Of Choice by Devo
whip it was a hit, but they were an on stage presence like no other
- 9. Black Celebration by Depeche Mode
great 80s band
- 8. Heartbeat City by The Cars
what a great representation of the 80s
- 7. Invisible Touch by Genesis
5 songs of 8 are big hits, not bad
- 6. Disintegration by The Cure
few songs are greater than fascination street
- 5. Rio by Duran Duran
couple great hits by the music vid gods
- 4. Thriller by Michael Jackson
big seller, few hits though
- 3. Like a Virgin by Madonna
- 2. Rebel Yell by Billy Idol
hard to find a more well put together album in the 80s
- 1. Joshua Tree by U2
I dont think any album catapulted a band like joshua tree did to U2
we should have a top ten one hit wonders category
- 10. Madness by Madness
Our House and It must be love just scrape this in at number 10
- 9. Hotel California by Eagles
Really I only put in this album because of the title song. Its a classic must have single but the rest of the album is pretty good too.
- 8. New Jersey by Bon Jovi
Lay Your Hands On Me is one of the best songs Bon Jovi have ever done, but I like all the songs that are on this album as well
- 7. A Kind Of Magic by Queen
A Kind Of Magic is Roger Taylor's best song. One vision is also very good
- 6. Powerslave by Iron Maiden
Aces High is one of my favourite songs ever. 2 minutes to midnight is also great
- 5. Appetite for Destruction by Guns N' Roses
Welcome To The Jungle, Paradise City, Nightrain, and Sweet Child Of Mine are all great songs and are still played to this day
- 4. Legend by Bob Marley & The Wailers
A collection of the best songs of one of the greatest artists of all time
- 3. Slippery When Wet by Bon Jovi
Livin' on a Prayer - what else do I need to say?
- 2. Number of the Beast by Iron Maiden
Their best album. The energy that comes out from just about every song is great. Run to the Hills and Number of the Beast are the beast
- 1. Greatest Hits 1 by Queen
What can I say. Bohemian Rhapsody, Dont Stop Me Now, Another One Bites the Dust. Really all the tracks on this album are brilliant. If you dont have this album GET IT
If you dont have them already buy these albums
By: Tara Nine
I had so many great vinyl albums of the 80's but my evil EX destroyed them all just to be a jerk ... *screams*
- 10. Appetite for Destruction by Guns N' Roses
Up here simply because Slash is the man...Sweet Child of Mine especially comes to mind.
- 9. Top Gun Soundtrack by Various
With songs such as Take My Breath Away and Highway to the Danger Zone, this album is the epitome of what the 80s were all about!!
- 8. 1984 by Van Halen
Starts out strong and never lets up. Not quite as good as their first album, but who can blame that for having come out in '78?
- 7. Master of Puppets by Metallica
This is on here for obvious reasons. Pure Metal at its best, and Orion and Sanitarium are simply not to be missed.
- 6. Look What the Cat Dragged In by Poison
Another hair band classic.
- 5. Whitesnake by Whitesnake
- 4. Back in Black by AC/DC
After the bells toll solemnly in the opening track, the band's new era started...and it started with a bang.
- 3. Pyromania by Def Leppard
Each time I listen to it I find another song I like. Isn't that what great albums are all about?
- 2. Slippery When Wet by Bon Jovi
A classic. What more can i say about it?
- 1. ...And Justice for All by Metallica
The ultimate album from the ultimate band. Though not as hard as earlier albums, this album is so ripe with pure emotion (see To Live Is To Die especially) that is just has to be up there.
The 80s existed for two reasons: Hair bands and Metallica.
- 10. Footloose by soundtrack
If an 80s time capsule were to be put together, this album would have to be in it. This is a pop album - nothing more. Every song sounds like it came straight out of 1984!
- 9. Thriller by Michael Jackson
There is a reason this is the number 1 selling album of all time. Well-crafted pop with Michael and Quicy Jones at their absolute best!
- 8. Purple Rain by Prince & The Revolution
At the peak of his popularity, Prince proves to be way ahead of his time and also shows his influences. I must have listened to this album hundreds of times!
- 7. Escape by Journey
Steve Perry's vocals, Neil Schon's guitars, Jonathan Cain's piano, and every song struck a chord!
- 6. Born In The USA by Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band
This is an album that you turn up really loud drive all night with your friends and everybody knows every word!
- 5. Rio by Duran Duran
Probably the first mega-stars to owe their success to MTV. This album was great from first cut to last!
- 4. Slippery When Wet by Bon Jovi
If you were a teenager in the U.S. in the 80s, you knew every song on this album!
- 3. 1984 by Van Halen
Really fun album to listen to. The last album with David Lee Roth and it sounds just as fresh today as it did almost 20 years ago!
- 2. Synchronicity by The Police
The last great project from a band that broke up too soon!
- 1. Joshua Tree by U2
A better album will never be made!
I listened to all types of music in the 80s (still do), but these are the albums that I look back on and that (to me) clearly define the 80s and whenever I hear any of them, it's like I got in the DeLorean and went back in time!
BONJOVI rocks ! since 80's to now. i love them. so great, so cool, so perfect. HUGE bonjovi fan. HUGE. True. thanks BJ 4 all ! bye !
By: Ferdinand Alvarez
- 10. Foreigner by IV
Lou Gram and Mick Jones...Did I say Urgent???
- 9. Escape by Journey
This is the real deal...So open arms....
- 8. Hi Infidelity by REO Speedwagon
One of the best albums of this band...
- 7. Kilroy was Here/Paradise Theater by Styx
- 6. Back in Black by Ac/Dc
- 5. Asia by Asia
The first supergruop of the 80s. By the way, it is the first album that bought...
- 4. Moving Pictures by Rush
Tom Sawyer, XYZ, Red Barchetta, this is Rush at his best...
- 3. Hooters by Nervous Night
Anyone remenber this great album???? Day by Day????
- 2. Rio by Duran Duran
I love this album...
- 1. Synchronicity by The Police
Is one of the best albums ever.
I need to mention others albums like, Kissin to be Clever(Culture Club), Into the Gap(Thompson Twins), Brothers in Armas(Dire Strais)
- 10. Zenyatta Mondata by The Police
Another great album from The Police in 1980 which included Don't Stand So Close To Me and De Do Do Do De Da Da Da.
- 9. Back In Black by AC/DC
- 8. Rio by Duran Duran
Some pretty cool tunes came from this one.
- 7. Greatest Hits 1982-1989 by Chicago
This band really changed their sound from their first hits in '67, and sounded better than ever in the 80s.
- 6. Bad by Michael Jackson
He owned 80s pop. He owned music until he became so f&%*in weird.
- 5. Synchronity by The Police
Best band from the 80s
- 4. 1984 by Van Halen
Jump is my favorite song from the 80's, and Panama was pretty cool too. These guys rock.
- 3. Born In The USA by Bruce Springsteen
The Boss rules. Period. This album was great.
- 2. The Joshua Tree by U2
Best album of 1987, probably one of the best albums since 1987. With or Without You and Where The Streets Have No Name are great songs.
- 1. Thriller by Michael Jackson
Billie Jean was probably the best song of the decade, Thriller and Beat It weren't too bad either, but Wanna Be Starting Something was my favorite. Great album. Too bad Michael Jackson is a total wack-job now.
Previous List or Next List
Do You Have a List to Share?
Please check out the Top Ten Music Albums submission page.