Top Ten Cheeziest Videos of the 80s
Below are the lists of submissions to the site....
This page currently edited by: Sylence. Past editor: Junior
By: John Mickles, Jr.
- 10. Papa Don't Preach by Madonna
- 9. What's Love Got To Do It by Tina Turner
- 8. If This Is It by Huey Lewis & The News
- 7. Walk This Way by Run DMC
- 6. I'm Bad by LL Cool J
- 5. Saturday Love by Alexander O'Neal & Cherrelle
- 4. When Doves Cry by Prince
- 3. The Streets Has No Name by U2
- 2. Sledgehammer by Peter Gabriel
- 1. Smooth Criminal by Michael Jackson
- 10. Welcome To The Jungle by Guns 'N Roses
Muwahahahahahahahahaha! Those boys do dance funny!
- 9. Too Young To Fall In Love by Motley Crue
Awesome fight scenes! Great video!
- 8. Legs by ZZ Top
What? Are you kidding me???
- 7. Shake Me by Cinderella
Oooh, those polka dot miniskirt wearing evil step sisters can pick on me ANYTIME!
- 6. I Wanna Be Somebody by W.A.S.P.
Truely awful video - right up until Blackie just about spins his own head off - WAY COOL!!!
- 5. Too Late For Love by Def Leppard
Awesome vid - I still wanna be Joey!
- 4. Rock You by Helix
- 3. Another Thing Coming by Judas Priest
The heaviest of the heavy finally does a video that makes them look good!
- 2. Panama by Van Halen
Nice, disjointed video to match the nice, disjointed lyrics!
- 1. Round and Round by Ratt
Milton Berl??? It don't get any better than this, baby!
Heavy metal has gone underground. It will return!!!
- 10. Glory of Love by Peter Cetera
Alright,I hate the song,I just like it beacause of the movie clips from The Karate Kid II.Looking at Ralph Macchio makes the song bearable.
- 9. Animal by Def Lappard
IU love the song and the video is really cool,I wont get sick of watching it.Its one of those rare times when I dance along a video.
- 8. Take on Me by A-Ha
Genius!Is that the right spelling?
- 7. Love Is A Battlefield by Pat Benatar
One of my favorite singers and for me,this is her best video.
- 6. Leave Me Alone by Michael Jackson
The animation is brilliant!
- 5. Open your Heart by Madonna
I like it beacause of the song.
- 4. I Dont Like Mondays by Boomtown Rats
Its euthentic,it makes me feel like it is really an old video and its the early days of MTV.And a sad song too.
- 3. Sledgehammer by Peter Gabriel
- 2. We Built This City by Starship
The video rocks and the song too!
- 1. Thriller by Michael Jackson
Duh?One of the best videos of all time.
- 10. Real Love by Jody Watley
Shes so unbelievably beautiful and the song is very funky. Somewhat ahead of the time.
- 9. Same Ole LOve by Anita Baker
This song and video has such a feel good overtone.
- 8. Missing You by Diana Ross
The song and the video were very elegante. Very classic Ross.
- 7. I Wanna Dance With Somebody by Whitney Houston
I love to see her have fun. Her smile shines like no other. Although I hated the blonde hair, she really looked great. Her style of singing in this song has been copied often by many of todays artists.
- 6. Didnt We Almost Have It All by Whitney Houston
Whitney Live can never go wrong. This video shows how real talent needs no ensembles tricks, and gimmicks.
- 5. Still a Thrill by Jody Watley
This video showcased her cat like sexiness almost diana ross like. I love this song even today. I love the deep voice.
- 4. love on top of love by Grace Jones
Cool song. Very different. She was so vamp in the video.
- 3. So Emotional by Whitney Houston
I loved watching her run up and down the runway with the floppy hair. The song was great.
- 2. How Will I know by Whitney Houston
I believe that this is the video in which people truly fell in love with Whitney. She looked very fun and energetic, very 80s.
- 1. chain reaction by diana ross
This was an ultimate video for someone who loves Diana Ross. Shes very sassy in this song and the video.
I think Whitney makes the best videos. Maybe Im biased because in my opinion it just doesnt get much better as far as talent and beauty are concerned. This woman and her voice could turn a gay man straight.
- 10. Material Girl by Madonna
One of only two Madonna songs I like, both of which are totally out of character for her (the other being "Crazy For You"_
- 9. Fat by Weird Al Yankovic
The parody was better than the original, and the original was done by the king of music videos and wasn't bad in its own right, by any means. How ironic.
- 8. If She Knew What She Wants by The Bangles
3 minutes of staring at Susanna Hoffs' beautiful brown eyes...
- 7. Endicott by Kid Creole and the Coconuts.
This guy was Lou Bega before Lou Bega was.
- 6. I Knew The Bride/Half a Boy and Half a Man by Nick Lowe, both songs
Both similar oldies feel, both by Nick Lowe, on two seperate albums and very, very obscure. Still, if I could only have one video from my past, it would be a tough choice between these two.
- 5. Rum Tum Tugger (MTV Version) by Cast of Cats
Great pop song that teases (pun intended) 80's hair. Hot chicks in spandex cat suits. What's not to love? Only that the only version available is about 100x100 pixels wide and a horrible recording. I need this one again.
- 4. Sledgehammer by Peter Gabriel
Still not sure what this one is about, but great song and video. Better than "Big Time", its answer song.
- 3. Allentown by Billy Joel
The first video I ever saw on MTV, it still haunts me tho I haven't seen it in years. Better than average "say nothing" pop song, with great rhythm that fits in with the industrial story and feeling of the song.
- 2. Thriller by Michael Jackson
Easy, maybe too easy to put this on here. No matter what MJ has turned into, he could dance, he could sing, he could write and he was over the top. Only thing keeping this out of #1 was that it was too long.
- 1. Take On Me by A-Ha
This is undelinably the most creative video ever made. It uses different mediums, has a catchy tune, attractive band and support actors, tells a story, nods to "Altered States" and just pretty much rules on all fronts. Don't argue with me, it will be of no use.
If anyone started up a site where you could "buy" videos for .99 each and have a custom created mixture DVD made, I'd live at their site.
By: Matthew Prevost
- 10. Sledgehammer by Peter Gabriel
Ok I put I put it on because I like the song and the video was kinda revolutionary at the time
- 9. Whip it by Devo
Where can I buy one of those hats
- 8. Relax by Frankie goes to Hollywood
I just love the lazers
- 7. Addicted to love by Robert Palmer
I just kept saying to myself ...maan those chiks were hot
- 6. Venus by Bananarama
I just kept saying to myself... maan those chicks were hot
- 5. where the streets have no name by U2
I just remember the buzz of that video when it came out
- 4. Thriller by Michael Jackson
This video scared the crap out of me especialy at the end
- 3. The Reflex by Duran Duran
thhe water coming out of the screen and then slpashing on the crowd was very high tech
- 2. Jump by Van Halen
I love it cause its so simple
- 1. Were Not Going To Take It by Twisted Sister
Diffently pioneers My fav video of all time "What do you want to do with yourlife?........."
anyway there are so many videos and as I remember they were all pretty horrible but these are the ones that came to my mind right away any way they just dont make videos like they used to do they
- 10. The Riddle by Nik Kershaw
- 9. Together In Electric Dreams by Oakey & Moroder
- 8. New Moon On Monday by Duran Duran
- 7. Like A Virgin by Madonna
- 6. Careless Whisper by George Michael
- 5. Look Of Love by ABC
- 4. Walk Like An Egyptian by Bangles
- 3. 1999 by Prince
Sexy (background) girls
- 2. Hungry Like The Wolf/Rio/Union Of The Snake/Save A by Duran Duran
- 1. A View To A Kill... etc by Duran Duran
They are the Best!
I think that most of 80s videos are very cool & this is crap what they producing now.
By: Chris Peslis
- 10. Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go by Wham
This could only have happened in the 80's. God, I miss them.
- 9. Torture by The Jacksons
Finally, a video that delivered what its title promised.
- 8. Sunglasses at Night by Corey Hart
Somebody actually convinced him he looked cool in this video. Good job!
- 7. Come On Eileen by Dexys Midnight Runners
Hard to tell what was worse, the video or the song. Call it a tie.
- 6. Stereotomy by Alan Parsons Project
Somebody having a little too much fun with the video production gear.
- 5. I Ran by Flock of Seagulls
Set the benchmark for bad 80's videos. A classic, in every possible way.
- 4. 99 Red Balloons by Nena
Shave your pits. Please.
- 3. Mickey by Toni Basil
So bad, you almost think it is a parody of bad videos.
- 2. Somebodys Watching Me by Rockwell
How did this ever get made? And Michael Jackson sang backup! Score!!
- 1. Heat of the Moment by Asia
Remember, they were actually called a "supergroup".
By: Mike Hack
- 10. Lies by Thompson Twins
Good song! Me and Yasmine White sang together in music therapy, and listened to the song on the headphones. I love that video. During 'the bigger the better' it shows the telephone and an umbrella before Tom Bailey's face saying 'some stolen from Japan.' The faces of two other members zoom in when saying the chorus. Two Tom Baileys with an umbrella and a hat coming down. Then along came the Egyptian walking. White apples and red apples, before it shows the rabbit. The leaves are rustling in the wind. The car revs up in the drive, so the car runs across the set. Alannah: 'The bigger,' Joe: 'The better,' before Tom Bailey disguised as Panama Jack saying 'some nicked from old Saigon' before adding himself three. At the end of the video, the nurse lets three members take a temperature by sticking a thermometer into the camera lens. I really love that!!!
- 9. I Wanna Rock by Twisted Sister
I like when the teacher falls into the swimming pool! That was a cool part in the video!
- 8. What You Need by INXS
Excellent video back in the '80s! Animation and cuttings, etc.
- 7. Twilight Zone by Golden Earring
I like the disturbed man who was played by Golden Earring's lead singer Barry Hay! I love this video!
- 6. Owner Of A Lonely Heart by Yes
I really love that video! Half of two inspectors reminds me of Elton John. The disturbing man reminds me of Iva Davies (Icehouse). I like when the disturbing man shakes himself when he thought about disturbiness. He threw himself off the top of the building and transformed himself into the flying hawk. Way cool!
- 5. Nothin' At All by Heart
I like the end of the video, when it's the very lovely Dreamboat Annie holding a black cat.
- 4. Walk Like An Egyptian by The Bangles
Good video! But I'm not gonna do the Egyptian dance no more! The Egyptians reminded me of one of the models from Chicago's "Hard Habit To Break". The people doing the Egyptian dance was located in New York City. My imagination is when Perfect Strangers' Larry and Balki are doing the Egyptian dance in the city.
- 3. The Loco-Motion by Kylie Minogue
Great video! In the part of the video, I like when Kylie wears headphones when she's singing at the studio.
- 2. If You Leave by Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark
I like when the lead singer Andy McCluskey knocks down giant puzzle pieces one at a time. Great video!
- 1. I Didn't Mean To Turn You On by Robert Palmer
Cool video! I love the four dancing girls dance at the same time, dressed in white, black gauntlets, hairbows...etc.
By: Dream Myst
- 10. Eat It by Weird Al Yankovic
It's still too hilarious.
- 9. True Faith by New Order
You can tell what perhaps the Tellletubbies's children should've really watched.
- 8. Major Tom (Coming Home) by Peter Schilling
Destiny is tragic. What is the secret behind love and drive-in restaurants? Celestial Solitude?
- 7. Dancing With Myself by Billy Idol
When there are people in this world that undergo the turmoil of climbing a high rise to dance with you, consider yourself to be doing something right.
- 6. I Ran by A Flock Of Seagulls
Don't forget about the night, somewhere in the 80's, you and your lover, thought you saw a UFO? You were under a spell. Blame Mike Score.
- 5. Take On Me by A ha
ICE COLD MILK
- 4. In A Big Country by Big Country
Riding three wheelers, hunting women and treasure. What more could you ask for? Bagpipes!
- 3. Safety Dance by Men Without Hats
The first approach to this video, shut up and feel good! What!? No cars or skyscrapers?! Oh, never mind!! The blonde is spirited, it's scary!
- 2. Don't You (Forget About Me) by Simple Minds
Excellent video, and also a reminder that, if you make a junky mess in life, clean it up before you leave!
- 1. Is There Something I Should Know by Duran Duran
When MTvee started playing this song in 1982, I wanted a large throwing brick. A couple of years passed, and then vamoosh!! It clicked on me then. Be very careful of what you first hate.
I also give credit to overbudgeted videos such as "Thriller, Land Of Confusion, The Wild Boys, on and on. Some copyrighted names are mispelled on purpose. MTvee rest in peace.
Previous List or Next List
Do You Have a List to Share?
Please check out the Top Ten Music Videos submission page.