Top Ten Cheeziest Videos of the 80s
Below are the lists of submissions to the site....
This page currently edited by: Sylence. Past editor: Junior
By: Paul Syzer
- 10. Abracadabra by Steve Miller band
I just got theire greatest hits albulb its very good. Just thought you might wanna know.
- 9. Walk Like An Egyptian by The bangels
I being a nerd did that dance lol even in the streets.lol.
- 8. Devil Inside by INXS
Whats with the halloween masks on at the back of Micheals head at the head shouldnt the song have been re-named to devil on the back of head woah-ohh.lol.
- 7. Super Bowl Shuffle by The Chicago cubs
I think im the only person who liked this song ever the video was neat.
- 6. Cover Girl by Rupaul
I think this is a 90s song but what ever I being a geek didnt like fashion but seeing this video made me late it more.lol.
- 5. Take On Me by Ah-ha
Myself being a fan of the funnies in news papers wasnt so surprised when after I saw this video wasnt read em since.
- 4. When Doves Cry by Prince
Im a guy and I think hes sexy he gave short little twirps such as myself hope.
- 3. Smoking In The Boys Room by Motley Crue
I hate the theme because I felt the boy in the video who Motley Crue are tryin to change to be bad could be me after seeing that I stayed out of the bathroom.
- 2. Living On A Prayer by Bon Jovi
Whats with the whole flying thing the rest of the video was amazing but a flying hairband?
- 1. She Blinded Me With Science by Thomas Dolby
Finally a cool nerd like myself I like how the video had a silent film theme with the captions SHE BLINDED ME WITH SCIENCE!
As you can tell im a nerd but even nerds leave out videos like Thriller- Micheal Jackson, Control-Janet Jackson,In your eyes-Debbie Gibson, Freedom90-George Micheal, Who can it be now-Men at work. Bye.
By: Steve Vil
- 10. Surrender Your Heart by Missing Persons
It's Peter Max! He's an artist! He has a video paintbox! He's adding his own decorative touches to pictures of Missing Persons! While the song plays! No one's ever done that before! This is why.
- 9. Jumping Someone Else's Train by The Cure
Three minutes of train tracks in fast motion. That's two minutes and fifty nine seconds of train track footage too much.
- 8. Separate Ways by Journey
Don't really like Journey very much. I do remember that in this video everyone in the band plays "air" instruments. Jonathan Cain playing air keyboards is a real hoot. He actually looks like he's trying!
- 7. He's A Liquid by John Foxx
John looking for all the world like Gary Numan's twin brother in a room with a girl dressed to look just like him miming the very strange lyrics as he and the girls literally act them out. "He pulled/she pushed" he lipsyncs as he pulls her and she pushes him. Brill.
- 6. The Perfect Kiss by New Order
Close up after close up after close up of New Order's faces as they look bored playing their song. Occasionally there's a cut to a hand twiddling a knob and at the end you finally get to see something other than their nose hair, but for most of the video it's shot after shot of their indifferent pusses.
- 5. Warriors by Gary Numan
I love Gary Numan but most of his early videos were really awful. This one, however, is the worst. Gary standing around in a Mad Max-type leather outfit while they superimpose films of him flying his planes over him. Thankfully he's finally stopped trying to ram his love of flying down his fans' throats.
- 4. All She Wants Is by Duran Duran
Considering that Duran Duran were on the forefront of the video revolution at the beginning and made some of the most extravagant videos ever makes this video all the more cheesy. Bad stop motion animation using Duran Duran mannequins.
- 3. The Tide Is High by Blondie
Blondie are one of my all-time favorite bands, but this video just plain sucks. Debbie is singing. Someone's watching her sing on a monitor. Then she goes up to outer space and the person watching her is.... Darth Vader??? Wait, isn't this sort of the theme of the song "Rapture"? Did they make this video for the wrong song?
- 2. Bad Boys by Wham!
Sorry, just cannot buy the idea of Wham as streetwise hoodlums. Especially with THAT hair...
- 1. Gloria by Laura Branigan
I think the record company spent $15 on this video.
By: Music Video Nuts
- 10. Pleasure Principle by Janet Jackson
- 9. Bust A Move (1989)/ It Takes Two (1988) by Young MC/ Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock
Hip hop videos aren't the way they used to be. Other choices: "Me, Myself, and I" De La Soul, "Parents Just Don't Understand" DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince, "It's Tricky" Run DMC, "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah" Oaktown's .357, "Move Something" 2 Live Crew, "Children's Story" Slick Rick, and "Going Back To Cali" L.L. Cool J.
- 8. Don't Close Your Eyes (1988) by Kix
- 7. Rock Of Ages (1983) by Def Leppard
Other chioces: "We're Not Gonna Take It" Twisted Sister, "Bad Medicine" Bon Jovi, "Talk Dirty To Me" Poison, "Dr. Feelgood" Motley Crue", "Hot For Teacher" Van Halen, "Here We Go Again" Whitesnake, and "Welcome To The Jungle" Guns N' Roses.
- 6. Close To Me (1985)/ Weird Science (1985) by The Cure/ Oingo Boingo
- 5. Who Needs Love (Like That) (1985) by Erasure
- 4. The Look Of Love (1983)/ Mickey (1982) by ABC/ Toni Basil
So Bad It's Good!!!
- 3. Take On Me (1985)/ Addicted To Love (1986) by A Ha/ Robert Palmer
- 2. Smooth Criminal (1988)/ Material Girl (1985) by Michael Jackson/ Madonna
- 1. Girls On Film (uncensored version, 1981) by Duran Duran
A Work Of Art!!! Not to mention the mud wrestling scene... (No Comment)
- 10. 99 Tufla Ballons by Nena
The video seems a bit easy to make, but I LOVE THE SONG!!!!!!!!!!!!1 I LIKE IT SINCE I WAS 5!!!!!!!(Now I´m 14)
- 9. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun by Cindy Lauper
I LOVE THIS VIDEO!!!!! Maybe that would Identify me.
- 8. Karma Chameleon by Culture Club
Boy George looks like Little Red Riding Hood!!!!!xD
- 7. Borderline by Madonna
It makes me dance, too. Well, I have to say that Borderline is Madonna's best work. :)
- 6. We built this city by Starship
Another Starship song I like. The video makes me dance! :D
- 5. Nothing's gonna stop us now by Starship
It reminds me Romeo and Juliet!!
- 4. She works hard for the money by Donna Summer
Thjis viideo is very realistic.
- 3. Addicted to love by Robert Palmer
This video makes me laugh because there is a man and lots of women! xD
- 2. Video Killed the Radio Star by The Buggles
This video seems very difficult to make, but it´s gOOD.I like the girl who meets the scientist there
- 1. Everybody Wants To Rule The World by Tears for Fears
The video is great!! Curt Smith looks very handsome in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
By: billy matthews
- 10. Armageddon It by Def Leppard
Pour some sugar on me was great but this onew is my favorite by them.
- 9. Miles Away by Winger
I have these guys autograph. At the time, they were my favorite..This is a great video, actually released in 1990.
- 8. Fallen Anger by Poison
This video was based on a true story.. It has a catchy tune and is great to jam too.
- 7. Welcome to the jungle by Guns n' Roses
This is one kick-butt video!!! This was the perfect video for the song... It has attitude..
- 6. Foolish Beat by Debbie Gibson
This is a sad video, but it was a smash... Debbie is still hot.
- 5. Strait up by Paula Abdul
Paula rivaled Madonna at the height of her career..She could have a come-back album if she wanted....
- 4. Sweet child o' mine by Guns n' Roses
Ballad with an attitude...I wore this one out!
- 3. Living on a prayer by Bon Jovi
I remember watching this video when i was 11 years old. It gets better everytime i see it...
- 2. Every rose has it's thorn by Poison
This is a classic..Everybody loves this song, right?
- 1. Home sweet Home by Motley Crue
This is the most beautiful video ever. It was number one on dial mtv for months.
80's rock has never got the praise it deserves.. These bands are better than anything going today.. Grunge could never be this good. Sorry, nirvana...
- 10. Senses Working Overtime by XTC
- 9. It's my life by Talk Talk
- 8. Mad World by Tears For Fears
- 7. Change by Tears For Fears
Was roland getting abducted?
- 6. Mothers Talk by Tears For Fears
Another good one! Even Roland reading the newspaper and wearing glasses was good!
- 5. Hyperactive! by Thomas Dolby
This is another of my favorites! This man was also a genius! Even my 8 and 11 year old younger cousins love it!
- 4. Woman in Chains by Tears For Fears
I don't understand this video...
- 3. Everybody Wants To Rule The World by Tears For Fears
I love Tears For Fears! But I don't know what went wrong here... The song is good... but what is with Curt Smith the entire video? I cannot believe there were less of Roland!!!
- 2. Head Over Heels by Tears For Fears
The 2nd best of all of them. Nigel Dick did this and all the videos in 85' and Roland had good acting skills!
- 1. Pale Shelter by Tears For Fears
This video is their best! I love everything that their director (Steve Barron)added! Although it seems everything bad happens to Roland Orzabal...Even near the end when his eye is poked by one of the paper airplanes
By: steve righ?
- 10. Spellbound by Siouxsie & The Banshees
- 9. O Superman by Laurie Anderson
- 8. Russian Roulette by Lords Of The New Church
- 7. Love Is The Drug by Grace Jones
- 6. In Between Days by The Cure
- 5. Andy by Les Rita Mitsouko
- 4. Salvador Dali's Garden Party by Television Personalities
- 3. John Wayne Is Big Leggy by Haysi Fantayzee
- 2. Hit That Perfect Beat by Bronski Beat
- 1. Hell In Paradise by Yoko Ono
- 10. You Give Love A Bad Name by Bon Jovi
Love It... This Video rocked and still does for me.
- 9. Parents Just Dont Understand by Dj Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince
Coool Video...Funny very funny.
- 8. Hot For Teacher by Van Halen
A video everyone should see....
- 7. Safety Dance by Men Without Hats
kickass video and very danceable song. Made me wanna have midgets around all the time cuz they cool.
- 6. Dont You Forget About Me by Simple Minds
Breakfast Club....need I say more. Great Video and great 80s movie. We all can relate.
- 5. Somebody's Watching Me by Rockwell
way Cool video...Is That Michael J on background vocals???Hummmmmm
- 4. Sunglasses At Night by Corey Hart
Cooool Song and Video.
- 3. Fight For Your Right by Beastie Boys
Totally Awesome Video...HAHAHA. Great 80s Party song/theme. They Stand the test of time.
- 2. Hungry Like The Wolf by Duran Duran
Grrrreat Video. Shows some true 80s culture there.
- 1. Do They Know Its Christmas by Band Aid
Totally 80's. A true music devotion to helping others.
Long Live the 80s. Hair Bands made me play guitar.
- 10. Big Love by Fleetwood Mac
This video is very freaky at the end when the camera stars reversing through all the parts of the video that had been before the end. The "uh's" which are put in the song are so cheesy, but funny and add a lot of character to the song!
- 9. November Rain by Guns 'N' Roses
This video just rocks! I don't know how else to describe it. Its very melancholic as well.
- 8. I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That) by Meat Loaf
Ths video is absoluetly beautiful. I love the church with all the candles inside. The only thing I don't like about it is the girl on girl bit.
- 7. Don't Stand So Close To Me by The Police
This song is about a girl who fancied Sting when he was a teacher and the video shows the band in a classroom. Then it shows them prancing around in a gym.
- 6. Angel by Eurythmics
I'm not going to broadcast the story behind this song to you all as I am a massive Annie fan and will only tell people face to face about the meaning if you want to know. Anyway, the video is brilliant. It shows Annie at one of them things where you try to talk to the dead and then they fail at trying to contact the person so Annie walks in this big room and all the leaves start blowing and everything so the person she tried to contact is there and she's singing to it. Then near the end the room is on fire and she's sat at a desk in the middle of it all, but Dave rescues her. It's really emotional.
- 5. I Want To Break Free by Queen
This is hysterical with Freddie dressed up in women's clothes.
- 4. Everywhere by Fleetwood Mac
Love this video. Its so romantic!
- 3. Adam and The Ants by Stand and Deliver
I just love this video. He looks absolutely gorgeous in his highwayman outfits. He's not afraid to be different!
- 2. Thriller by Michael Jackson
This video is brilliant. Despite the fact that he's been in court numerous times this song/video still remains a classic. Eurythmics/Annie are always number one though in my opinion!
- 1. Missionary Man by Eurythmics
Totally love this song. The title may seem a bit like its something out of a children's book, but thats not a bad thing. This little bit is to the person who said that Annie looks like a granny in the Here Comes The Rain Again video: 1) Don't diss grannies and 2) Annie is beautiful and if you knew the meaning of the song then you would get the video.
None of these videos are in any particular order apart from the Eurythmics.
- 10. Your Sweetness by The Good Girls
They wore cheerleader uniforms in the video, and Ronnie Devoe of New Edition was the leading man. It was cheesy, but was the soundtrack to me and my friends 5th grade year (1989)
- 9. Tha's What Friends Are For by Dionne Warwick & Friends
You all saw it, nothing left to be said......well one thing. Gladys' hair was suprisingly bouncy for the stiff-hair 80s.
- 8. You Got It All by The Jets
This video is like every made-for-TV teen movie in the 80s. I, however, still know all the words to the song.
- 7. I Can't Wait by NuShooz
Stupid video, but great blue-eyed soul.
- 6. Dancing On the Ceiling by Lionel Richie
When I was a kid, I thought this was the most amazing video ever! Ahead of the rest in terms of effects, especially for the 80s.
- 5. Love Bizzare by Sheila E.
The White guy lip-syncing to Prince's voice!? Whatever!! Sheila rocks as always.
- 4. Mr. Telephone Man by New Edition
Man, were they some homely little guys or what? Love the song!
- 3. I Didn't Mean to Turn You On by Cherelle
Three words: Breakdancing King Kong......Great song though:>
- 2. Muscles by Diana Ross
Thsi video is soo cheesy, but also so cool!. I mean, come on, she flew over towns built on men's bodies! What's better than that?
- 1. Candy by Cameo
Okay, the video is really wierd and kinda cheap looking, but the song is sooo hot! Remember Larry Blackmon(lead singer) in the cod piece?
Someone really should start a site where they sell old videos. They would make a killing.
Previous List or Next List
Do You Have a List to Share?
Please check out the Top Ten Music Videos submission page.