Top Ten Cheeziest Videos of the 80s
Below are the lists of submissions to the site....
This page currently edited by: Sylence. Past editor: Junior
By: Tom Sullivan
- 10. Cool It Now by Neew Edition
A fun song but not a good video. What should I expect from a bunch of kids. Their solo videos as well as the Heartbreak videos were awesome.
- 9. Kissing The Fool by George Michael
George Michael performing in a cocktail lounge. Was that kd Lang in the audience?
- 8. Blood And Roses by Smithereens
The lead singer looks like satan. The video is filmed in black and white and makes me physically ill.
- 7. Alphabet Street by Prince
Sorry but I learned my ABC's when I was a kid. This video features Prince with the alphabet flying by. The song is boring and I still can't figure out why this video (or the movie it is from) was even made.
- 6. New York New York by Nina Hagen
This woman sounds like a screeching cat and looks like something the same cat would drag in. Take a valium and let someone else do the acting.
- 5. I Eat Cannibals by Total Conelo
Stupid song even stupider video. Enough said.
- 4. Addicted To Love by Robert Palmer
I love the song! But the video reminds me of a 75 year old guy with eighteen year olds on his arm. I never listen to this song during meals due to the revolting feeling I get when I think about it.
- 3. Super Freak by Rick James
It looks like a slow day on the Hooker's street corner. Rick is the pimp surrounded by his ladies. The visual isn't pretty.
- 2. Me And My Wine by Def Leppard
This came out in the early 1980's when they could play their instruments but couldn't sing. The result are scary!
- 1. Kiss by Prince
Watching Prince jump around in his underwear isn't something that anyone should have to see. This is cruel and unusual punishment.
By: ryan broadwater
- 10. Uptown Girl by Billy Joel
A video that just clears your mind of problems....and fills it with Christie Brinkly
- 9. Angel by Aerosmith
Great Ballad, great footage.
- 8. Been Caught Stealin by Jane's Addiction
I don't know what's going on...but I like it.
- 7. Material Girl by Madonna
This is the video i think of whenever a song comes on from madonna.
- 6. Smooth Criminal by Michael Jackson
Amazing work...and a somewhat forgotten song.
- 5. Boys of Summer by Don Henley
There's something about the two-tone color of this video that sticks with you...
- 4. Take on Me by A-Ha
Probably the most original video ever made...still makes me happy to this day (scary motorcyclists aside).
- 3. Centerfield by John Fogerty
I would STILL love to see videos that showed baseball highlights.
- 2. Land of Confusion by Genesis
Ronald Reagan accidentally nuking the world in the morning? I had that very same nightmare all the time i was growing up.
- 1. Addicted to Love by Robert Palmer
A guy in a 3-piece suit rocking with scantily clad women around? You just had to love it.
"smells like teen spirit" was the death of the music video.
Gotta love that 80's "Cheese"!! Great Site! Keep up the great work!!! :)
- 10. Dont get me wrong by the pretenders
good video based on the Avengers.
- 9. We fade to grey by Visage
clever.....with a woman in the background speaking French.
- 8. Ashes to Ashes by David Bowie
a good video.the wierdest part has to be where there waking in front of a bulldozer.
- 7. i like driving in my car by Madness
very Funny.it has them singing in a Morris Minor while driving around London.
- 6. West end girls by The Pet Shop Boys
a good song with them walking around London feuatering famous locations like Westminster and Victoria station.
- 5. The Love Cats by The Cure
Pepole dressed in cat out fits......Funny.and what about that cute little Kitty.
- 4. Church of the poison mind by Culture club
the beggining has George being Driven around in a 1950s Caddilac but what i Dont get is them transferring from the car to an air plane.....strange
- 3. Dont go by Yazoo
Set in a haunted house.Vince is a mad professor or something and theres a Frankenstein.scary in a way.
- 2. i want to break free by Queen
Freddy Mercury is dressed as a woman walking round a house with a vacume Cleaner creepy but good
- 1. A.E.I.O.U by /
A good video with kids speeding around streets on bikes.cool song to.
By: Daniel Woods
- 10. Centipede by Rebbie Jackson
- 9. I Need Love by LL Cool J
Every time I hear this song, it brings back some painful memories of the 80's. However, I enjoy torturing myself like this.
- 8. Everything She Wants by Wham!
Ever since I heard this song, I now try to make myself looke like George Michael. People even say that I look like him.
- 7. One More Try by George Michael
THis is a slow song. I enjoyed what George was saying. After hearing this song, I become a new person.
- 6. Let's Wait A While by Janet Jackson
The first time that I heard this song I cried. Sad lyrics. Even the music video was sad.
- 5. Cosmetics by Gowan
This is another song that I enjoyed by Gowan. I loved the lyrics. He's great.
- 4. Moonlight Desires by Gowan
The first time that I heard this song, I fell in love with it. It is very romantic and puts me in the "mood."
- 3. Peeping Tom by Rockwell
Here is a third song done by Rockwell. I also loved this one.
- 2. Obscene Phone Caller by Rockwell
This is another excellent song done by Rockwell.
- 1. Somebody's Watching Me by Rockwell
I would just like to say that this is best sone of the 80s! Rockwell is the best.
When I hear the song "Somebody's Watching Me" by Rockwell, I become a different person. This is my favourite scary song of the 80s. I love the music video. It's like a reflection on my own life. After I hear the song, I always feel like someone is watching me! Even the song "Peeping tom" by Rockwell makes me crazy. The video is something that I never expected. I love Rockwell.
By: Timothy Patterson
- 10. I Miss You by Klymaxx
Simple clip-went perfect with an amazingly beautiful , simple song..
- 9. Straight Up by Paula Abdul
Don't laugh-I was infatuated by this one--
- 8. Deadbeat Club by B-52's
90's video--80's song though--An amazing clip--
- 7. I Love It Loud by Kiss
- 6. Shadows Of The Night by Pat Benetar
- 5. Metro by Berlin
- 4. I Drove All Night by Cyndi Lauper
- 3. Gypsy by Fleetwood Mac
One of the first videos I saw--Still infatuated by it.
- 2. Buffalo Stance by Neneh Cherrey
- 1. Change Of Heart by Cyndi Lauper
She looks amazing in this overlooked clip!
Always open for a good debate on these things..e-mail me-- email@example.com
By: Michele D'Alessandro
- 10. Whip it by Devo
The outfits alone did me in. What is going on with those red hats?
- 9. Land of confusion by Genesis
This is a very creative video but come on enough of Ronald Reagan already!!
- 8. Girls just want to have fun by cindy lauper
All i can say is the song rocked but the video frightened me.
- 7. The safety dance by Men without hats
This is like an anthem for the eighties but what the heck is going on with the video?
- 6. Pleasure principle by janet jackson
What is the point of this video? It has nothing to do with the song.
- 5. Take on me by A-Ha
I do not care if it chessy. This is one of the best videos. The idea is great and I always see the video when I hear the song!!
- 4. Thriller by Michael Jackson
It was cheesy and freaky and that makes it spectacular in my book.
- 3. Borderline by Madonna
When I saw this video, I wanted to be Madonna. Paint that wall girl!!!
- 2. I ran by Flock of seagulls
The hair is a part of history and the video stands for itself..
- 1. Mickey by Toni Basil
This has to be the worst video ever. The song was good but come on Toni use your brain and add a little style to your video!
Previous List or Next List
Do You Have a List to Share?
Please check out the Top Ten Music Videos submission page.