Toys of the Eighties, UNKNOWN - Gyroscope toy?
Picture Gallery

Loading images, if this message doesn't go away you may need to enable javascript in order to see pictures
No images

Click picture to enlarge

 Submit a picture 

In the mid-80s, 194 - 86, my sister had a very cool gyrocope toy, about the size of a yo-yo. It was like a top and you used a separate metal device to set it a-spin. If you were really good, you could get it to spin without toppling from the eraser-tip of a pencil. Does anyone know what I'm talking about???
Links for more info

The following are links about UNKNOWN - Gyroscope toy? you may find interesting. Also check out the other pages.

  • No links have been submitted for this page yet.

Submit a link to more information about UNKNOWN - Gyroscope toy?

User Stories and Comments

The following are comments left about UNKNOWN - Gyroscope toy? from site visitors such as yourself. They are not spell checked or reviewed for accuracy.

L Briar - May 08, 2009 - Report this comment
You are talking about the TEDCO Gyroscope, made by the TEDCO company in my hometown of Hagerstown, Indiana USA. You can order a gyroscope from their web page,
JOHN - July 11, 2009 - Report this comment
Lisa - August 23, 2009 - Report this comment
I had one of these I think, it was metal and you could set it spinning on a piece of string.
Oscar A. - March 27, 2010 - Report this comment
It reminds me of something you'd see at the Museum in Flushing Meadows/ Corona Park. You know, stuff from the 1964 World's Fair.
Jan Griffiths - September 05, 2019 - Report this comment
I've had one of these since I was a kid in the 60s.

Submit a story or info about UNKNOWN - Gyroscope toy?