Ten Criteria for the Perfect 80's Music Video, Groups Beginning with F
Compiled mostly by Chris Pyhtila with the help of Andy Pachmayer, Chris
Burger, and Aaron Fynewever
Further commentary added by ChuckyG and various web visitors...
This page currently edited by: Rio Rhodes. Past editor: Rock 'n' Roll Fan
The Original Criteria
- At least one babe
- Poofy hair
- Torn clothing
- Cheesy keyboards
- At least one change of clothing
- Stage effects (smoke, lasers, etc.) or visual effects (artist jumping through a TV, disappearing, etc.)
- Wild instrumental or record scratch solo
- A storyline
- A cool car (although any kind of transportation is acceptable, like a plane or a car or a motorcycle)
Songs beginning with: [Index
, "Rock Me Amadeus"
- Babes? Quite a few in 18th century costume showing tons of cleavage.
- Poofy Hair? Falco wears a huge multicolored wig. Did Mozart really look this bad?
- Torn Clothing? None that I recall.
- Cheesy Keyboards? All over the song.
- At Least One Change of Clothing? Falco starts the video in a tux and then ends up in a Mozart style costume
- Stage Effects? The first few seconds of the video shows a colored photonegative of a ferris wheel?????
- Wild Instrumental solo? Can we say: R-R-R-R-Rock M-M-M-Mee Amadeus..Amadeus
- Storyline? Falco starts out as a star in modern times and then flashes back to the 1700s to sing in a concert with screaming women all around him.
- Cool Automobile? A limousine.
- Sunglasses? Yes Falco is wearing them at the beginning of the video.
Submitted by: Jeff
- Babes? One Babe - - Who needs more than Stevie!
- Poofy Hair? Poofy Hair- Absolutely - Chris & Stevie - even John
- Torn Clothing? torn - John & Stevie - maybe Lindsey
- Cheesy Keyboards? keybds: Of course - McVie
- At Least One Change of Clothing? clothing:when don't they
- Stage Effects? They are in about the entire video
- Wild Instrumental solo? Lindsey certainly & again keyboards
- Storyline? Story : of course - Stevie as a Gypsy girl
- Cool Automobile? Well the wagon is cool as a gypsy cart
- Sunglasses? don't remember that well
Submitted by: Daniel D Watts
, "Little Lies"
- Babes? I think that Stevie Nicks can be counted as one...at that time.
- Poofy Hair? Stevie Nicks!
- Torn Clothing? Although everybody is supposed to be wearing nice and formal clothes, Fleetwood(the guitarist) is wearing a torn jean...that guy! Always a hippie even when 60 years old!
- Cheesy Keyboards? In the beginning you can hear them.
- At Least One Change of Clothing? Stevie changes...I think she puts on a hat and then takes it off....Don't know!
- Stage Effects? They disappear and appear again and again!!! So boring!!!
- Wild Instrumental solo? The whole song is a solo itself!
- Storyline? Yeah....storyline...of course...well...nah! no storyline...
- Cool Automobile? Yeah you can see an old car in the barn. It looks like Rolls Royce to me. Maybe not.
- Sunglasses? Yeap! The guitarist wears sun glasses at some point in the video, although there is no need for that in that glooooomy weather.
Submitted by: Paul Evereign
Songs beginning with: [Index
Do You Have a Video to Share?
Please check out the Perfect 80s Music Videos submission page.