Ten Criteria for the Perfect 80's Music Video, Groups Beginning with H
Compiled mostly by Chris Pyhtila with the help of Andy Pachmayer, Chris
Burger, and Aaron Fynewever
Further commentary added by ChuckyG and various web visitors...
This page currently edited by: Rio Rhodes. Past editor: Rock 'n' Roll Fan
The Original Criteria
- At least one babe
- Poofy hair
- Torn clothing
- Cheesy keyboards
- At least one change of clothing
- Stage effects (smoke, lasers, etc.) or visual effects (artist jumping through a TV, disappearing, etc.)
- Wild instrumental or record scratch solo
- A storyline
- A cool car (although any kind of transportation is acceptable, like a plane or a car or a motorcycle)
Songs beginning with: [Index
, "Doin It All For My Baby"
- Babes? Bride of Frankenstien
- Poofy Hair? The girl has huge hair.
- Torn Clothing? Dudes playing on the wall have torn pants.
- Cheesy Keyboards? Yup
- At Least One Change of Clothing? Huey's three roles.
- Stage Effects? The lightning and tons of other places
- Wild Instrumental solo? 5 minutes and 30 seconds into the full video
- Storyline? Huey dies, and the band stumbles to a haunted mansion.
- Cool Automobile? Car that crushes Huey.
- Sunglasses? Member of the Band
Submitted by: myspace.com/therealrangerjoe
Huey Lewis & The News's
, "I Want A New Drug"
- Babes? This girl shows up everywhere, on her bicycle, on a speedboat, at the concert, and even in another Huey video! (Heart And Soul)
- Poofy Hair? Check the girl's hair, especially on the boat when the flower switches from behind one ear to the other!
- Torn Clothing? Well, almost. The band's manager does yank Huey's jacket off him before he takes the stage.
- Cheesy Keyboards? Hmm, not much here. I think the same chord is played throughout the song, but the rest of the music is guitar and sax.
- At Least One Change of Clothing? The girl never wears the same outfit twice, and Huey does wake up in his boxers and then gets into the famous red suit.
- Stage Effects? A trio of Johnnys on sax during the bridge, those three-panel scene changes, and some killer ariel views of San-Fran from the chopper!
- Wild Instrumental solo? Well, there is Chris's two guitar solos, the seond contains a little homage to Hendrix's "Purple Haze".
- Storyline? Huey wakes up late and has to use every piece of public transportaion in the city to get to the concert on time!
- Cool Automobile? Huey's classic 50's-style car, which only makes one appearance outside his apartment. I think he drives more it in another video, though.
- Sunglasses? Huey's got'em on until the concert, when he surrenders them to his manager, and there are the close-ups when he looks over them at the girl!
Submitted by: C.T. Warren
Huey Lewis and the News's
, "Happy to be stuck with you"
- Babes? The girl he gets stuck on the island with
- Poofy Hair? Yup, Huey has some poofy hair
- Torn Clothing? They're shipwrecked of course!
- Cheesy Keyboards? There are always cheezy keyboards
- At Least One Change of Clothing? Before shipwrecked and after, I'm sure her dress changed!
- Stage Effects? On a deserted island, he climbs a coconut tree and falls off
- Wild Instrumental solo? Sax solo as normally heard from this band!
- Storyline? Somehow (can't remember) how they got stuck on an island together of course they fall in love
- Cool Automobile? The row boat is cool....
- Sunglasses? Obviously!
Submitted by: Janna
Songs beginning with: [Index
Do You Have a Video to Share?
Please check out the Perfect 80s Music Videos submission page.